SocialMedia4UsThe aim of this blog is to help you explore the different ways you can interact online using social media and the tools to help you do this.
Introducing Social MediaSo what is social media you might ask? Social Media is an umbrella term for web based and mobile technology that allows the user to produce and share information with others using text and/or media (video, audio, images), who in turn are then able to engage in a interactive dialogue about the content.
Edublog Finalist 2013
- advanced search audio AudioBoo Blogger Blogs copyright Creative Commons Delicious Diigo Education Entertainment Erik Qualman Facebook flickr Google+ Google Drive Google Hangouts on Air GoogleMaps GoogleStreetView hashtag Identity theft images infographics jargon Kickstarter LinkedIn Lists logo Mari Smith MySpace Netvibes networking Online Communities online presence online reputation Pageflakes passwords Phishing photos professional RSS safety security SEO shortcuts Slideshare social media revolution Social network Social Networking Socialnomics social presence StreetView Symbaloo tagging tips Tumblr Twitter video Vine Wikimedia Foundation Wikipedia WordPress YouTube
CREATIVE COMMONS LICENCE
Social Media 4 Us blog by Sue Beckingham is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
- Excellent debate on ethics of social media led by @timbuckteeth and @markchilds to finish off the day #cll1314 1 hour ago
- Common theme today: use of social media for learning needs to be scaffolded and have purpose #cll1314 2 hours ago
- "Have a LinkedIn account because told I should but never look at it" <- so imp students are shown value of groups, connections #cll1314 2 hours ago
- Great to have student volunteering to share their views on social networking #cll1314 whatsapp increasingly popular for group conversations 2 hours ago
- Padlet wall for #cll1314 speakers #CLLSocial padlet.com/ruthmewis/4kkq… 3 hours ago